Thursday, December 30, 2021

The Best of 2021

Cheryl Brickey at Meadow Mist Designs once again is inviting bloggers to join the best of 2021 link-up and share their 5 best blog posts of the year.

 

The Mid Atlantic Quilt Festival:

The biggest thrill was to see my quilt 'Coming Together' win 2nd place in the Mid Century Modern category.  It's the first ribbon for me.


 

QuiltCon Together:

The news that my 2 quilts got accepted into the show brought me much delight.   Read about them in this blog.   Here they are 'Journey' and 'Autumn 21'.  You can read about 'Journey' here.


 

Magazine Publishing:

The next good news was my block 'Intersection' was chosen to be featured in the MQG Journal issue #3/ July, August, September 2021.  It was very exciting to see my work in the Journal.


 

I also had 3 patterns published in the Simply Moderne magazine.  The first one is 'My Way' in the Fall issue 26.  The other two are 'Coming Together' and 'Candy Box 2' in the Winter issue 27.

 

 

What a year this has been for me.  Even though I didn't make many original designed projects and finished very few UFO and WIP quilts, it has been a productive year for me.  My favorite projects are those I made for charities; for my Valley MQG, IQM, H2H to name a few, and those I made for family and friends.

 

Thanks to Cheryl for hosting this 'Best of.....' link-up party.


 

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

Margo

4 comments:

  1. Those are really interesting designs. Congratulations on your accomplishments in the past year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a wonderful 2021, such great modern quilts! Happy New year and I hope 2022 is wonderful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, I love your quilting on Coming Together! Congrats on your win!!! Such jazzy, modern quilts! Great job in 2021!!! I guess I'm going backward through your recent posts!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on a stellar year filled will exciting quilting milestones!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.