In the past few months, I've been busy with behind the scene projects, and I'm so happy to say that they are done and delivered. Now I have time to tend to other commitments. It's kind of strange that for months I've worked intensely on projects and now my hands feel empty.
In April I posted about the Project Potholder, you can see it here and here. I chose to put it on hold because it has no deadline. They are done and I might make some more as time permits.
They are 6 1/2" and finished with serger all around. The edges in the real projects are straight even though they don't look straight in the picture above.
Today I also finished the Postcard Swap project that I talked about here. I like small projects like these to keep my mind engaged. It's the first time for me to make a fabric postcard. I checked out a few tutorials to learn how to make one. These are places I visited NW Quilted Cat, and Sarah Ruiz Quilts.
For the back, I printed the word Postcard on a piece of card stock and hand drew the lines with Sharpie. I like the front and back but I'm not real happy with the finished edges. My original thought was to use the serger but changed it to use the satin stitch instead. I don't like the way it looks. I still have some time before I have to mail it off. Tomorrow, I know what I want to work on.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.