Happy New Year Everyone!!
Welcome to my blog. I'm very happy that you're here. The beginning of the year is a good time to reflect on the year past and looking into the year to come.
Reflections on the year 2021:
- I set a goal to publish more blogs in 2021. So far the number is 40 which is the most to date. I will continue at this pace, 3-4 posts a month or as contents arise, it works well for me.
- I continue to sew something almost everyday. When I'm not sewing, I will be in the kitchen, trying new bread recipes or something.
- I had one award wining quilt, 2 quilts got accepted to QuiltCon and 4 magazine articles. I shared in detail in The Best of 2021 post here. I think I've had a lot of actions last year.
- For motivations, I have to thank Patty Dudek at the Elm Street Quilts. Every month I link into her OMG party. It's helped me so much to stay on course.
- I set a goal to work hard on writing patterns for my quilts. All the patterns published in magazine give me a good practice. I still struggle on the graphic part. I'm taking baby steps about this goal. I'm not sure I want to sell my patterns. I have to give some more thoughts about this.
- I continue to improve my quilting skills but not in Free motion style. I do enjoy quilting very much. It breathes a new life into the tops that I made.
- Continue to participate in quilts for charities. I really enjoy Hands2Helps project. In doing so, I participate more on social media and have more interactions with other quilters.
Now I would like to share some pictures of finished projects in 2021.
Only the projects on the top row are mine, the rest was gifts to different people and organizations.
Goals for 2022:
- Continue to have fun creating and sewing. I love this hobby and count my blessings everyday for the gifts I've got.
- Make at least one quilt for QuiltCon 2023. Even though my quilts didn't get in this year, I'll try again next year.
- Submit more quilts for publications.
- Continue to improve my quilting skills. Maybe this year is the year for FM quilting.
- Continue to participate in quilts for charities.
- Work on UFO and WIP projects.
- Exercise to improve my health.
Wishing you a wonderful and healthier New Year.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy new year, Margo!!! It's fun to see some of your projects in a collage here. Best wishes on your goals for 2022.ReplyDelete