Tuesday, January 28, 2020

OMG Achieved!!

I can't believe how good it feels to accomplish my goal.  OMG stands for One Monthly Goal.  At the beginning of the month, I set a goal to finish quilting a gift quilt for my friend.  You can read about it here.  I started to work on it right away and little by little, I got it done.  I sure learned a lot from this project.  It's a lot of sewing and resewing but it's only in a certain area of the quilt.  I used 50wt. Aurifil thread #2311 for both piecing and quilting.  

Here are the pictures; front and back.




 Here are some detail pictures.




The rectangle area above is about 5 1/2" x 6 1/2" big but it took me almost 2 days to quilt it as seen in the picture.  Of course I took several long breaks in between to recompose myself.  Some days, it seems, I can't sew straight lines.  Sigh.....

Now what remains is binding/facing; I'm not sure yet which way I want to finish it.

The vanilla extract is coming along nicely and it smells so good..... If you don't know I made vanilla extract, you can read about it here




Have a great time sewing everyone!!




3 comments:

  1. I l-o-v-e it! Congratulations on accomplishing your OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what a stunning quilt Margo! Love, love, love it and congratulations on your OMG finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.