Monday, February 24, 2020

Feel so accomplished

Hi Everyone,

I feel so accomplished this month.  I finally finished the gift quilt for my friend.  You can read about it here.  I'll be sending it to Idaho soon.  I learned so much from this project.  This is a good jumping board for me to tackle other projects like it.  Someone asked me what was the name of this quilt. "I don't have one", I said.  I thought to myself, 'Do I have to name all the quilts I made?'.  I'm not sure on this subject.  What do you all think?   Do you give your quilt a name after it's done? 

I also finished my OMG that I set for myself at the beginning of the month.  You can read about it here.  And this is the picture of the finished top.



This quilt is going to be the biggest one that I have made to date.  It's going to be at least 72" x 72".  I have an idea how I'm going to quilt it.  I do have a name for this one, 'Journey'. These little squares went through a lot before they came together on the quilt. 

I think this block has a lot of potential.  I'm planning to work on more designs for this block.  I will keep you all posted.



Wish you all a lot of great sewing time. 


Link up to Elm Street Quilts: One Monthly Goal February finish.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Margo! It always feels good to declare a finish. The pictured quilt sure is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful quilt top, and I like the name! I name my quilt at the beginning, but I very often change my mind, and re-named it during the process, or even when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.