Friday, June 30, 2023

WIP in June and Wood Chips

No, this is not a garden blog but I took a break from quilting for a week to work in my yard.  Spring is over and there’s so much to do; clean up finished vegetable beds and get them ready for summer planting, finish putting wood chips on the ground as in the pictures here.




No, I'm not finished with the wood chips.  There are still more ground to cover but that's for next month.  I'm loving the progress so far.  

 

I’m still working on the denim quilt.  I made some more blocks which are different than the first one here.  Here are the new blocks.




 

I don't know where this going but we're going somewhere.  Have a great weekend everyone.  I'm linking up to June OMG Finish Link-up here.

Thanks for visiting.

Margo



In addition to the linky parties on the sidebar, I also link up to:
 

Link to To Do Tuesday here hosted by Carol at Quilt Schmilt  

Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty

Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More 

Put Your Foot Down at For the Love of Geese




8 comments:

  1. Personally, I love where it's going! I've never seen a modern denim quilt and I can't wait to see how yours turns out. You've done a lot of great work so far, especially by collecting so many different colors of denim. That will add nice interest to your finished piece. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/06/28/wednesday-wait-loss-334

    ReplyDelete
  2. These compositions are fabulous, and I love your subtle use of color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "don't know where this is going" projects are the fun ones! I love your garden, the wood chips make it look clean and natural.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of repurposing old denim. SEW looking forward to seeing where these blocks land, Margo! They are sure to be interesting when paired with the center block you made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gardens are looking good. I enjoy seeing your progress on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The denim blocks are looking good, it's fun to go somewhere with no plan ;) Pretty garden too, the wood chips are great to maintain water on the soil.
    Thank you for sharing your project, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden looks great!!
    I like your new blocks !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Margo, it's difficult to manage both the garden and quilting! It's so hot right now that my poor garden is on it's own as far as weeding etc. Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.