Monday, June 12, 2023

Great News to Share and A Change of Plans

Last week, I received emails from the International Quilt Festival Houston 2023 that my quilts, 'Modern Time' and 'Inside Lines', had been accepted into the show.  Originally, I submitted the quilts under the category of  'In the American Tradition', but the jurors felt that they should be included in the premier showing of a category called 'A Twist on Tradition' instead.  The email also said that this new category didn't exist a week ago!  WOW!!



I've heard so much about the show in Houston from friends who have attended in the past.  This is my first time submitting into this show.  I randomly stumbled upon the show website two days before the deadline.  I'm glad I did, and super excited and honored to be included in this show.   I know what I'll be doing in the next few days; get the quilts ready for shipping to the show by June 23rd. 


A change of plans:

I have been looking at my first denim block all week.  I like all the color combinations, but I decided that I will put a break on making more blocks for now.  I've changed direction of this new quilt.  I'll show more pictures in the near future.

 

What are you working on this week?   

Thanks for visiting and have a fabulous week!

Margo


In addition to the linky parties on the sidebar, I also link up to:
 

Link to To Do Tuesday here hosted by Carol at Quilt Schmilt  

Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty

Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More 

Put Your Foot Down at For the Love of Geese

Monday Musing at Songbird Design

8 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations Margo, you totally deserved it! Fun that a new category was just created, fitting perfectly your entries! Finger crossed ;)
    Can't wait to see the new direction for the denim blocks.
    Thank you for sharing the great news, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margo that is fantastic, I think they created that category just for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic accomplishment! Congratulations for having two quilts accepted. So cool. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/06/147/wednesday-wait-loss-332

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Margo! How awesome to be juried into Houston! One day I'd like to go to that show! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What an honour! Thank you for linking to TGIFF!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow!! Super huge congratulations!!! and those pieces are just gorgeous!! they will be admired by so many!! CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Margo, what wonderful news. Congrats! Will you be able to attend and see your quilts there? Thanks so much for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.