Tuesday, June 6, 2023

The First Denim Block

I started on the denim quilt and made the first block.

 

 

This block is 24" x 30" right now and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it.  I used chalk to mark some half and quarter circles on just to see what it would look like.  It's a maybe.  I definitely will make some more blocks.  See if you can tell which part of the jean the middle block came from.  😆

My goal is to make at least 3 more blocks and start putting them together this month.  Go to the Elm Street Quilts to see more June OMG. 


What are you working on this week?

Have a great week and thanks for visiting.

Margo

9 comments:

  1. I like how the creases on the denim are making patterns! The first block looks pretty, have fun stitching the others!
    Thank you for sharing your creations, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your denim block is very interesting! The quilt will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the different colors of denim you've collected. This will be such a cool quilt! It'll be very heavy though so my recommendation is not to add batting and to tie or tack quilt it. Can't wait to see what you do! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/06/07/wednesday-wait-loss-331

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a big attractive block! I like the creases. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you finish the denim project? What does it look like?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using old jeans is a great way to upcycle/repurpose them. I'm guessing the middle blocks creases come from behind the knees, but that is wild speculation. Could also be just below the "seat".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Margo, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your denim. Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.