Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Resume Working on the Philanthropy Quilt Top

After putting it on hold, I picked up the charity project again.  You can read about it here.   This one is for my Valley MQG's philanthropy which I had in my possession for a few months now.  

I knew it would be daunting to piece all the blocks together because the blocks were made from many volunteers and there are so many seams to match.   Whenever I have to tackle a project like this, I would turn on my favorite songs, take a deep breath, pick up two pieces and start sewing.  After a few hours, I got the top done.   

 


Now I can pass it on to another volunteer for quilting.  I love the group effort to get things done.


I started pulling out some denim jeans and fabric that I’ve been collecting.  My SIL has been giving her old jeans to me as well. Some denim fabric I have are very dark, intense blue colors. I crossed my fingers and threw them in a washing machine with bleach and let the whole thing soak for additional 10 minutes during the wash cycle.  These are some of the pieces that I got out of the dryer.

 

     


It will be interesting to see what would come out of all these pieces.  I'm ready to go down the rabbit hole.

Thanks for visiting and have a great day!

 

 

In addition to the linky parties on the sidebar, I also link up to:
 

Link to To Do Tuesday here hosted by Carol at Quilt Schmilt  

Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty

Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More 

Put Your Foot Down at For the Love of Geese

 
  

6 comments:

  1. I like your layout for the charity quilt. Can't wait to see what you do with the denim. I would not have thought to use bleach - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done with the group quilt, it's beautiful. Have fun playing with denim, the bleach added interesting patterns.
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job tackling the disappearing 4 patch blocks. I know it can be frustrating when everyone's 1/4" is not the same. I look forward to seeing what you do with the denim pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Margo, it's great that you can share the tasks of making a quilt like that. It turned out well. Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the group quilt! And what a good idea to use the bleach, look forward to seeing what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely!! and a great group effort - lots of love in that one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.