Thursday, August 3, 2023

Staycation And A New Project

 Hi there everyone,


It's been so hot here in Southern California.  We decided to do a staycation and take it easy for a few weeks.  Everyday, I would go into my vegetable garden real early in the morning and take care of my plants so that they will survive the heat.  It's the happiest time of the day for me.  I didn't sew much but did some reading and tried my best to get off my feet.  I was diagnosed with Mortons Neuroma on my right foot last month.   By the end of the day, my right foot would be in so much pain that I could hardly stand up.  Right now the doctor hasn't yet prescribed the injection and I hope he never will.  At the end of the day, I just soak my feet in a warm epsom salt solution.  It seems to help a lot.  Fingers crossed.....


I started the quilting on my denim quilt, but put it on hold right now.  There is a new, more urgent baby quilt that I have to make for a dear friend who is having a new grandson.  This will be the third baby boy quilt for this year.  The color theme is sage green.  I pulled out some fabric, bought some new pieces and started to make some blocks.  I randomly put them on the design wall as shown here.   I want to finish the top by the end of August.

 


In our Valley MQG monthly meeting last month, we had a chance to enjoy a trunk show from Linda and Carl Sullivan of Colourwerx.  I really like their ModDog pattern which I won as a door prize from Linda as seen here.  I think this pattern will be really cute for a baby quilt.

 

Thanks all for visiting and have a great week.

Margo

 

 

In addition to the linky parties on the sidebar, I also link up to:
 

Link to To Do Tuesday  hosted by Carol at Quilt Schmilt  

Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty

Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More 

Put Your Foot Down at For the Love of Geese

8 comments:

  1. Hope your foot gets better - I'll keep my fingers crossed and send positive vibes for no injections! What a lucky baby to get one of your beautiful creations - you have a great start. Your staycation sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margo, it seems to be a summer of survival rather than fun. Early morning in the garden is quite magical, isn't it? I hope that you'll be able to manage your pain rather than get the injection - good luck! I really like your baby quilt so far. Thanks so much for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. It will eventually get cool enough for FMQ. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see great potential for the Mod/Dog as a Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for your poor foot! That kind of thing can so drag you down. Love how you are taking each day and making the most of it. What a lovely baby quilt you have underway! Can't wait to see the finish.

    Love Colourwerx. That design sure is cute! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/08/02/wednesday-wait-loss-339

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morton should come and retrieve his neuroma from out of your foot -- that sounds awful! I'm glad the Epsom salt soaks are helpful and I hope that you can avoid medical interventions that would slow you down. Both baby quilts (the one in progress and the dog pattern) are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your foot. Good luck with your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's okay to take a break and put your feet up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm sorry about your foot, and I hope that you will avoid the injection. The new baby quilt is looking very good, and the doggie pattern is so cute!
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.