Tuesday, January 10, 2023

WIP for January

I started the disappearing 4-patch charity quilt for ValleyMQG. There is something mysterious about working on a project that had many hands involved before it gets to you. I’ve done this before, you can read about it here


I have 8 4-patch blocks that needed to be cut, rearranged and sewn back together.  I turned on my favorite music and lost myself in it.  What I did was turning on an autopilot mode and took off.   

1. There was no instructions, so I looked for disappearing 4-patch block tutorial. 

2. I started cutting one block at a time and rearranged the pieces.  Here are pictures of a block.   Having a swirly cutting board is very helpful!!

 


3. Sewing started after I got all the blocks cut. This is the step that having a zen-like mood is really helpful.  Because each person sews differently and no two sewing machines are alike, I tried my best to match the seams. Only 8 blocks to do, I kept reminding myself. 😂🤣   Before I knew it, I've finished 5 blocks.

4. After I get all 8 blocks done, I’ll trim all 20 blocks to a uniform size of 14” squares.  Then we'll see what I have on the design wall.


Thanks for stopping by.

Margo


4 comments:

  1. Margo your Disappearing four patch blocks are coming along nicely. Well done on your progress. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. Happy sewing this week. 😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love disappearing blocks and yours will be so pretty. I like the colors you're using!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a group project! Love the fabrics. Can't wait to see your blocks. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fun project, and for sure the swirly cutting board is helpful!
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.