Monday, November 14, 2022

Philanthropy Quilt for the Valley MQG

A few months ago, I picked out a project bag from our Valley MQG Philanthropy table.  It's a quilt top that needs to be pieced.  This is what was in the bag.

 


 

There were some scrap fabric, a 7.5" finished block and there was an instruction saying: " No pattern, create your own.  Min size 36" x 36", larger if you can."  I like the part that says 'create your own'.  It sounds like a challenge to me.

I set out to cut some more pieces.  There's enough yellow fabric to cut out 9 more center blocks.  So I cut out 10 purple 6" squares for center of the blocks.   I will make 10 yellow blocks with purple borders and 10 purple blocks with yellow borders.  This is what I have on my design wall so far.

 


The final layout will be decided when all the blocks are done.  So far so good, I think.  :-))


Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful week.

Margo



7 comments:

  1. I like the start to your own creation - that fabric would certainly catch my eye too. I just clicked on your link to the Valley MQG and saw that you had been a guest speaker there - congratulations! We feel lucky that you shared with us at To Do Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it!! it will be a fun and happy quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice start on the quilt. It's always nice to get a philanthropy quilt made and passed on. (Although I must admit I'd rather use my own fabric as I have way too much of it!) Enjoy the sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun challenge. Your are off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute fabrics, and this new project is going to be lovely. Have fun designing the top!
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are fun fabrics to work with for a "create your own" challenge. Looks like it's going to be a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever design! Love the fabrics. This will make a pretty charity quilt. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.