Monday, June 14, 2021

June OMG Finished

This past week, I played around with Latifah Saafir's Molehills pattern.  In the package, there is a template for a full fan pattern along with strip templates.  Since I'm using flannel for this baby quilt, I've opted for a full fan pattern.

I proceeded to print out the template sheets and followed the instructions to put them together.  The template came out so big but I pushed along and cut out the required pieces (12) for a baby quilt.  I tentatively put them together to see how they would look on a quilt.  I felt that the fans are too big for the size that I'm making which is 36"x42".  I went back to the templates, printed them out at 75% and put them together.  This time the size of the fan are more manageable.  I cut out 13 fan pieces and put them on design wall.  I really like it better this time around.


12 fans line up nicely


Quilt layout

 

I'm glad I made more progress than I was planing for.  That means there's only one thing left to do; quilting it.


Summer came early in Southern Cal this year.  We were in high 90's in the past couple weeks.  I feel so sorry for my vegetable garden.  This year I have more energy so I planted quite a few kinds.  There are corns, kale, spinach, swiss chard besides the old favorites of tomatoes, beans and cucumbers.   I'm doing a no-dig vegetable garden.  We'll see how it grows.  Cross my fingers!!

I am also experimenting with a propagation of Mulberry from a stem cutting from our neighbor's tree.  It is a Pakistani mulberry which has much bigger fruits and they taste amazing.  I used only a handful to make a mulberry syrup and had it with pancakes.  They are heavenly!!  I hope the propagation is a success.  


Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

7 comments:

  1. Those fans are looking really good and your veg garden sounds like it could be very productive. Ooh, love mulberries and growing up in Sydney as a little girl, we usually knew someone with a tree and would have a lovely mulberry sponge pudding. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will make a lovely baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we need to make an adjustment or two to get what we like. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.