Saturday, February 6, 2021

February WIP

This is on my design wall this week.  It's my love tote bag for Valentine's day celebration.  After seeing the Getty Image of the Pantone colors of the year, I picked Kona Steele and Corn Yellow.  I know these colors are not really close to the ones in the picture but I think they will look better on the bag. 

 

 

I've been playing with 1" bias tape and came up with this composition. 



A friend of mine saw that and said it reminded her of a sculpture in Paris of the same design.  So I started looking for it to see how it looked, and I found this famous LOVE sculpture by Robert Indiana at Galerie Laurent Strouk in Paris.




More love to spread around.....

The work continues.  Next post, I hope to have the whole bag finished.

Have a fantastic weekend.



Today I link up to  Whoop Whoop Fridays, Off the Wall Fridays and TGIFF!

3 comments:

  1. I also love the Pantone Colors of the Year for 2021. Looking forward to seeing your completed bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely composition, these colors work very well together.
    Thank you for linking up with Patchwork & Quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using bias tape for your letters is such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.