Quilts

Monday, May 13, 2024

May Update and Works In Progress

This 2024 is really something.  It continues to throw rocks my way and keeping me off track.  After surviving the passing of a dear brother in-law in March and a dog attack in the beginning of April, the last week of April my own brother passed away after a brave and fierce fight with cancer.  He was 74 and is survived by his wife, 4 sons, a daughter, and 6 grandchildren.  Rest in peace my dear brother, till we meet again.  

 

Life got back to normal and I finished the "Turning Twenty" quilt top for my guild and here's the picture.

 

 

I love big block quilts.  The top came together really fast.  This quilt top is 60" x 75".  It was returned and awaits quilting.  

 

I have 2 urgent baby quilts to do, both are for good friends who are having their first baby. One is a boy and one is a girl.  Now is the time to pull out some fabric, but wait, I don't have much cute baby fabric!!  Most of my fabric are solid and that is not even much.  A dear friend is inviting me to sew at her house this Thursday and giving me a permission to rummage through her stash.  That's a miracle, who would do that?  Wait and see.....

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

Margo

 

 In addition to the linky parties on the sidebar, I also link up to:

 


To Do Tuesday  hosted by Carol at Quilt Schmilt 

Put Your Foot Down at For the Love of Geese  (Thursday)

Peacock Party at Wendy’s Quilts and More  (Friday)

4 comments:

  1. Margo, I'm so sorry about your brother. I know you and his family will all miss him terribly.
    Turning Twenty is beautiful. I've had a big block quilt on my bucket list for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. My condolences. Turning Twenty looks wonderful. Have a lovely time sewing together with your friend.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for your loss and for the challenges you have had all year. Fortunately, quilting is great therapy. I pray you find peace in it. I'd love to have you join the Sew & Tell party at Melva Loves Scraps on blogspot. Blessings, M

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a year you've had! I'm so very sorry to hear about your brother and brother-in-law. You must miss them terribly. Quilting helps me get through life's hard times and hopefully it is helping you too. The Turning Twenty top is very pretty. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/05/15/wednesday-wait-loss-380

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.