Monday, February 6, 2023

WIP in February

I took a needed break during the last 2 weeks of January and the beginning of February.  I get tired easily because I had brain surgery seven years ago due to a ruptured aneurysm.  The outcome of the surgery was great.  I am able to resume my day to day activities and live a "normal" life.  But sometimes, when I use up all my energy, I have to stop and recharge.  That can take a week or, sometimes, two.  I'm accepting the fact that I'll never be 100% my former self, but I'm grateful for everyday that I have. 

 

Now I'm back and as good as new!!   I finished a quilt top for the Quilting For Community (Q4C) and dropped it off last week.  Here is the picture.



It's 54" x 66" before quilting.  Now I'm working on the second one with the same fabric but a little different layout.  I'll show a picture in a few days.

 

I decided to take a Free Motion Quilting on a long arm machine class at the Q4C.  The class will be on Thursday of this week.  I'm excited but a little nervous.  I think it will be really fun to finally dive in.  It's been on my list of things to do for a few years now.  I can't wait!! 


Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you all have a great day!

Margo


Sometimes we don't know why or how things happened.  I trust in the Lord that these things are for my benefit and that I will learn from them.  From 2Nephi 22:2 we read: Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.


8 comments:

  1. How wonderful that your surgery was such a success and how smart you are to know to take care of yourself by re-charging. Your quilt top is so pretty with those lovely fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift of a quilt to Q4C. great that you know how to re-charge after your surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margo your Charity quilt is a beauty. It's so good to hear that your surgery was a success. It is frustrating that we all need to take breaks and recharge our batteries, but great that you know enough to pay attention and do it! I hope you are having a great week and getting ready for your class. What fun that will be. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited for you and the FMQ class! I hope you'll post what you learn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting! You'll love learning to use the longarm. Thanks for sharing your quilt top on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Q4C quilt is a fun one! Pinwheel and X’s and fin cowboy fabric! Good work! Glad you took some time to recharge. As I get older, it takes me longer to “ get back to normal” too! How fun to learn to “ drive the long arm!”

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an interesting layout. So glad you are able to recharge and be back to the things you love. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is important to know when to rest, so that when exciting things come along, such as the longarm quilting class, you are all set to go. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.