Thursday, May 28, 2020

Two New Baby Gifts

 Hi Everyone,

Happy Thursday!!

As you know I signed on to the Hands2Help challenge and in my last post, I talked about a baby quilt, you can read about it here.   I checked all of the organizations in the program and decided on the Little Lambs Foundation For Kids.   In short, they provide comfort kits in a backpack for children entering foster care from their home due to neglect and other dangerous situations.  You can read more about them here.  

The quilt they receive should fit in a backpack, along with other stuff, that will be given to the children. I felt that the first quilt, 42" x 44", with batting inside will be too bulky for the backpack. So, two days ago, I decided that the first baby quilt will be donated to a different organization and that I would make another quilt for the Little Lambs Foundation and it has to be done fast!

For that reason, I used the technique in my book called 'Faux Rag Quilting'. You can read about the book here. Faux Rag Quilting is a new way of making Rag quilts, fast, without batting and without cutting up the fabric into squares. Here is the new baby quilt.  

Hands2Help quilt - front
Hands2Help quilt - front+back

I finished this one in less than 2 days. This baby quilt is not too bulky at all. At the same time it will provide warmth and comfort to a child.

One of my friends is having a baby girl.  I continue to use the charm pack combined with scraps that I have.  Here is the new top.

 

Hopefully I will be able to start the quilting on this one in a day or two.


Keep calm and quilt on........ 

6 comments:

  1. Very cute circle quilt - lots to look at and feel

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great quilts and will make the recipients happy! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your adorable circle quilt. I can imagine a baby loving the fabulous texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so intrigued by your circle quilt. I've made the "typical" rag quilt before, but this version looks so cool. thanks for sharing the info. I will have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts, Margo! Particularly love the faux rag quilt. Thanks for being part of Hands2Help 2020!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.