Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Take a break to make masks

Hi Everyone,

How are you all doing?  The Mayor of Los Angeles just announced that we should wear masks when we go out and about.   In the past couple days, I've been making masks for my family members.  There are 13 of us and I plan to make 2 masks for each person.  That's 26 masks!!  I don't have any elastic and can't get it anywhere so I used grosgrain ribbon instead.

I got this pattern from TheCraftyQuilter.com by Julie Cefalu.  You can also check out SewCanShe.com by Caroline.  Caroline also has video to show you how to put a HEPA filter insert in the mask that she makes here.

Here is what I've made so far.





Stay calm and fight on...............






2 comments:

  1. Your masks look great and will be very much appreciated. I did the same for friends and family. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome, Margot! I'm glad to see my pattern in use. Thanks for mentioning it on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.