Monday, May 22, 2017

Learning in progress

Why do we have challenges in our lives?  I believe challenges are here so that we can learn from them.  Some challenges are more difficult, but they are for our own good.  With this in mind, I came up with a new challenge for our Valley MQG.  The challenge for June is circle.  I don't do much circle in my quilts so this forces me to learn and try different methods.

The first one that I tried was paper foundation piecing.  I used coffee filter as a foundation paper.  I ironed a filter flat with dry iron.  I like curve piecing a lot so I decided to do just that.  After I completely covered the filter paper, I cut the circle out by following the outline of the filter.  In the picture, the filter paper is still on the back of the fabric.  I'll take the filter out when I'm ready to use this circle for something.  This is what I ended up with.




Then I tried another block using drunken path templates, and this is what I made.




I had fun with both of them and I still have time to try a few more ideas before our monthly meeting.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.