Wednesday, December 14, 2016

So many projects, so little energy

I took a long break from blogging and have been busy with some projects in between Thanksgiving feast and other celebrations.  I finished two blankets pictured below using the Faux Rag Quilting technique.






I've been playing with a jigsaw puzzle app on my iPad because I heard that it's good for the brain.  And that's the inspiration behind the above blanket.

I think I've mentioned before that I was working on a Michael Miller challenge.  I finished it in time to submit it to QuiltCon.  Here it is.



I'm very happy with the way it turned out and loved every minute of making it.  The quilt measures 42.5 x 58 inches.  I used a walking foot on Juki TL98 to quilt the whole thing. 

A week before Thanksgiving, my son turned 26 and I asked him if he wanted a new quilt.  I got a yes and a big smile!  I made him a quilt when he went to college and that was 8 years ago.  It's time for a new one.  He picked the color theme and he likes the HST design.  I put in couple printed fabric to try them out.  In the end, I might do all solids, maybe.



This layout is on my design wall right now.  There will be many more blocks to come.

I also had time to make a few blocks for Kat @ Coveredinlove.  This month's block is really fun to make.  In fact all her monthly blocks are fun to make.  Go to the link above and read about her quilt project.  I'm so glad to be part of it even in a small way.


That's it for now.  I still have 2 baby quilts to make for friends who just had their first grandchild.  It's really exciting and I'm very happy for them.









Enjoy the Holiday Season





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.