I did a lot of sewing in the past week, got 2 quilts done. One is for donation at the Valley Quiltmakers Guild. There are precut fabric bundles available for members who want to make a quilt for donation. I'm pretty new to the Guild and wanting to do something so I took one bundle and this is what I made. I happened to have some solid pink left over from old project so I added it in.
The other project is for a class at the Quilt Emporium. I finally finished Jill Finley's Cherries Jubilee. Jill's pattern is easy to follow. I love the way the vines go all over the quilt and out to the border. There are a lot of first times for me in this quilt. It's my first time to work on applique pieces of the vines and leaves. I've never made a bias tape before. From this project, I've learned a lot about cutting bias tapes and bias binding. It's also my first time to make a quilt with scalloped edges. I quilted the whole thing with nylon thread both on top and bottom. At first I was a little apprehensive about putting the nylon thread in the bobbin. Many people said not to do it. I adjusted the tensions and it worked out nicely. I'm very happy with the way the quilt came out.