Tuesday, July 29, 2014

All pending projects are done. Now the work for the book begins

I have been busy with the upholstery job that I promised my friend and I got it done yesterday.  It's a cushion job for a love seat and a rocking chair.  My friend's husband refinished all the wood and now they will have all new cushions to sit on.  I'm waiting to hear from her when I can deliver the cushions.  I'll post before/after pictures after the delivery.  This will be the last upholstery job for this year.  All new job will have to wait till next year and I already have 2-3 jobs on the list.

Yesterday I also got a charity quilt top done.  Here it is


After I dropped off the first charity quilt top, they encouraged me to make more, so I picked up another jelly roll.  I found this pattern on cluckclucksew.com, it's called strip and flip.  Really easy and looks great.  I really like it.  People at the guild said that these quilt tops will finished and given  to children who are in foster homes.  It makes me feel good to be able to use my talents to do some thing for someone.

Now that all pending jobs are done, I can dive into the book project.  A few weeks ago, I got a book contract from the AQS publisher.  I'm still pinching myself to see if I'm dreaming.  Several years back, I came up with a new technique to make rag quilts.  I submitted pictures to several magazines and the Quilt Life responded, and now I'm working on a book.....  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.