Saturday, November 28, 2020

My Sister’s Quilt Update and A Heart Full of Thanks

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your loved ones.  We sure did.  We gathered at my father-in-law's house as we usually did but with a much smaller group this year.  We had a great time and we all went home with gratitude in our hearts.  I, personally, have so much to be thankful for.  God has blessed me with wonderful families to be with; my family with great parents and siblings, my in-laws who truly care about me, my American family who loves me as their own and finally my own family with an awesome husband and two great kids.  What more can one ask for????


My sister’s quilt is done. Hooray!  For November, I set a goal to finish the quilting on this one.  I went on and completed it with binding and label. 

 

The quilt before washing 59" x 71"


Then I put it through a wash and a low heat dry cycle and here it is ready for shipping.


The quilt after washing 55" x 67.5"

  

The quilt back: pieced cotton flannel

 

I'm so glad that the red dye didn't get on any of the beige and white squares.  Color catchers worked really well.  I love the way the quilt feels under my hands. 

I even had a label on.  The amazing thing is that I didn't forget to sew it on when I put the binding on.  It's been my attempt to do this but I ended up sewing it on by hand every time.  This time I sewed two side along the binding and hand sewed the other two sides.  Then I added some hand stitching with red thread around the wording.  I actually thought of adding more colored thread on, but I stopped myself.  I like it the way it is right now.  Here's the picture with  her name blacked out for her privacy.  The date is the Thai date, in case you're wondering.

 


The quilt stats:

Size:    55" x 67.5"

Materials:    Made entirely from scraps. 

Batting:    Warm and Natural

Backing:   Cotton Flannel

Binding:    Machine binding

Quilting:    Walking foot quilting

Pattern:     Unknown (This is not my pattern.  As I stated in my previous post that I got this idea from a quilt picture I saw on Pinterest.  I've tried my hardest to find the owner of the pattern but failed.  If any of you know the name of this pattern, please let me know.)

 

This is the last quilt I finished this year.  The 2020 year has certainly been a challenging year for everyone.  I feel for the small businesses who are going through this unprecedented hard time.  I definitely will do my part to support them. 

Now go on to the Elm Street Quilts to check out the OMG finish for November.  There are many eye candies.  It's been fun to join in every month for the OMG.  It has surely helped me to stay on task and pushed me to finish what I set out to do.  I'm so happy to say that I have completed every single OMG that I set for myself this year.  Many, many thanks to Patty Dudek for hosting.


Cheers and Have a great quilty time.....




7 comments:

  1. Very pretty quilt. Love the soft colours you chose. I've seen this pattern popping up for a while on Pinterest lately and I love it more everytime I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice gift for your sister! Even the back is pretty! I am also feeling very thankful for all my friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sister will be over the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on completing your sister's quilt, Margo. It is SEW lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt, and congratulations on your finish!
    Thank you for linking up with Patchwork & Quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very interesting content! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your points and have come to the conclusion that you are right about many of them. You are grea small business website

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.