Friday, March 29, 2019

A new block design

While I was at QuiltCon 2019 last month, I went to visit the Paintbrush Studio Fabric booth to have my book signed by Jacquie Gering.  They were handing out solid charm square packs and challenged anyone who wanted one to create a block with those squares.  I took one pack and started to work on them last week.  As usual, I forgot to take picture before I cut up two of the squares.  Here are the charm squares.


At first I wanted to use the orange and yellow but changed my mind.  Here is the finished block.


I'm pretty happy with the way it came out.  It's a good exercise for me.  :-)




 

1 comment:

  1. How did you like QuilyCon? I went in 2015, my first foray into the world of modern quilting. It is being held in Austin again in 2020 and I plan on being there. Will you?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.