Thursday, February 28, 2019

QuiltCon Review

Hi there!

I went to QuiltCon in Nashville, TN last week.  I had so much fun walking around, seeing and meeting people.  Nothing compares to seeing your quilt hang in a quilt show.  I met so many quilters who shared the feeling.  It literally took me a few days to recuperate from soreness of my body.  My friend and I walked about 2.5 to 3 miles everyday while we were there with our heavy bags.  Unfortunately, it rained a lot from the time our plane touched the ground to the time we left.  We had a lot of fun, nonetheless.

There were so many beautiful quilts in the show and I would like to post some of my favorites here.  I'm sorry I didn't get all the quilt makers' names to go with the quilt pictures.  Some of them I thought I could read from the label next to the quilt, but they are too small to read from the picture.  In any case, I apologize if I got the names wrong.

Top left-In the Michael Miller fabric challenge isle, Top right-the white quilt in the middle is Valley MQG charity quilt

Top left-Geometry Lesson by Jayne Willis. Second row, middle-Found at Low Tide by Juli Smith

Top left-Barn Quilt by Renee Tallman,

Over all, this year QuiltCon was a big success in my book.  Thanks to the MQG and all volunteers who made it a great event.  I know a few volunteers and crew, and I'll tell you, they worked very hard for the show.  Thank You very much, again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.