Friday, September 21, 2018

A new commissioned baby quilt and a WIP

I just finished a commissioned baby quilt.  I had great time picking out boy prints from my flannel stash for the HST (Half Square Triangle) blocks.  Did I tell you I love to make baby quilts from flannels?  Here is the layout I chose.


Here is the finished quilt after I gave it a Faux Rag Quilting touch, of course.


I also made four matching burp cloths as baby gifts from me to the couple.  I got the pattern from Abby Hersey.  I made a minor change by using three layers of flannel instead of batting in between.  The printed fabric on the top 2 burp cloths is also on the quilt back.


They're all finished and delivered.  A happy dance for everyone.

Now I'm working on a charity baby quilt for the Valley MQG Philanthropy group.  I was given a panel and some fabric.  The panel is 17"x 20" and I got 5 dark fat quarters, 5 light fat quarters and some strips and backing fabric.


I used one dark fat quarter to frame the panel as in the picture below.



And now the top is done.



I bought black and orange fabric for the binding and can't wait to put it on after the quilting is done. 

I'm also a part of a group project for the 2019 QuiltCon Charity Quilt Challenge at our Valley MQG.  We have about 20 people joined in in this endeavor.  We are using Jean Wells' quilt as our inspirations which she gladly granted our request.  I'll tell you more about this as the project developed.

I'm having a great time doing what I love.  I wish y'all the same.

Ciao

 

Notes:  I learned something new today.  While searching for how to spell the word ciao to say goodbye, I found this: je ne sais quoi ( zhə-nə-ˌsā-ˈkwä ) which means something (such as an appealing quality) that cannot be adequately described or expressed.  Wow! What a great find for me!  But I bet y'all already knew this expression.

 Life is a great fun!!!!



Link up to Can I get a Whoop Whoop?, Let's Bee Social








4 comments:

  1. I love the offset design of the little boy flannel quilt. And the panel one turned out so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby quilts are adorable. Love the colors in the flannel quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely gift set! I’m sure your customer was very pleased! I love what you did with the panel! An orange binding is going to make the whole thing pop beautifully! Can’t wait to see it completed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.