Thursday, August 30, 2018

A new challenge at Valley MQG

At Valley MQG, we had another challenge for August which are the Elements; earth, water, wind and fire.  We have to make a quilted project to represent some or all of these elements.  I was impressed to make the kite quilt to represent wind and water.  I wanted to use the design from the block that I made for the Fabri-Quilt New Block Blog Hop 2015 blog hop.  You can see my block hereAfter the event was over, most of the blogs were put into quilts and donated to local charity.

It's funny that sometimes we got a good idea and when we put it into a quilt but the quilt doesn't come out as we expected.  I had to change my design a little bit so that it still represents some elements from the challenge.  Here is my design.


Now it shows the wind and earth elements.  I like the quilt but somehow the kite tails got lost into the background.  The Faux Rag Quilting is so flexible.  It's so easy for me to changed it to this.


Kite quilt - front

Now I love it! That looks better, don't you think? When I look at the picture, it occurred to me that there is a hidden image in there.  It tickled me so much when I saw it.  Can you see it?  Leave me a comment and tell me what you see.  It will be fun to see what you all see in the quilt.

Usually when I make Faux Rag quilts, I use flannel.  But this time I did something new, I used linen as a background and the back of the quilt.  It turned out linen frays so beautifully.  It's perfect for making Faux Rag quilts.
 




Have a great day!!

2 comments:

  1. Your take on the challenge is great. It will be fun to see everyone’s projects at your next meeting.
    With the black kite tails, I see an adorable sleepy teddy bear snuggling under his blanket. Hooray for unexpected surprises!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janine for visiting my blog. Somehow I didn't get a notification that someone had made a comment in my blog. That's why it took so long for me to response.
      At first I just saw a happy face but now that you said it, yes, I saw a sleepy teddy bear too. Thanks!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.