Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Finished an UFO

Last January, I started to make a quilt for a friend's daughter who just turned one year old.  They came into our life when the baby was about 5 months old.  After I sewed the top together, I got a surprised life event that slowed me down for 5 months.  Last month, I took a look at my sewing room and decided to get back to sewing. 

I love, love HST design.  It's so versatile and  looks great with any fabric; print and solid.  I got this charm pack from volunteering at the MQG's Quilt Con office in Los Angeles last year.  These fabrics make me so happy when I look at them.  First I laid out lots of different combinations of HST squares, but loved this one the best. 


Then I pieced some flannel pieces together to make the quilt back.  When it was time to do the quilting, I decided to echo the triangle shapes with a walking foot.  I had a lot of fun doing it, just had to take frequent breaks in between.  Lately, I could handle, anything that requires concentration, a little bit at a time.  With all things, I'm so grateful that I have full use of my hands and legs.  I'm glad to say that I'm getting better day by day.  Thanks to my loving husband who took time off to take care of me.  I'm so blessed.



I'm glad to finally got it done.  I'm very happy with the way the quilt looks.  I think it's perfect for a little girl.



Have a great day!!



6 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful quilt! Such a great use of the fabrics. And a wonderful job quilting as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen. Isn't it a great fabric. I just love it.

      Delete
  2. Beautifully done. Love your method of quilting, it really sets off the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet quilt, Margo! I love the bright colors and the quilting is perfect! Julie@TheCraftyQuilter.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the design you came up and the fabrics are so happy! What a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.