I’m working on two new pillow case projects for a dear friend’s daughter. There are two color ways as shown in following pictures.
![]() |
| Pillow case #1 |
![]() |
| Pillow case #2 |
The pillow case #1 is ready to be quilted. No so much for the case #2. I’ll have to come up with something soon.
I love small projects like these to give me a break while I’m working on a big project that’s carried over from last year. Do you remember these marbles from last year? I only had two marbles sewn in the background; the yellow/white marble and the black marble with sheer fabric partially on top. In the past few days, I couldn't stop moving the other marbles around. That's when I had to stop and take a break. :-)
I’m trying to finish it but my thoughts keeps slipping and wondering off to something else. I thought I have nailed down the design or the layout for this one but now I’m no so sure. I need more time to work on this one, that’s why I’m glad I’m having a break from it.
What’s you’re working on right now? Whatever it is, I hope you’re having a marvelous time with it.
Thanks for stopping by.
Margo
In addition to the linky parties on the sidebar, I also link up to:
Slow Sunday Stitching by Kathy's Quilts
Sew & Tell by Melva Loves Scraps
Monday Musings at Songbird Design
To Do Tuesday hosted by Carol at Quilt Schmilt
Put Your Foot Down at For the Love of Geese (Thursday)
Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty



However you finish those marbles, the finish will be great. I sure like the lines in the yellow marble. I agree with you, small projects are nice because it is often faster to finish those!
ReplyDeleteHaha on moving marbles around - sounds like a fun pastime! I like your start on the pillow cases - lucky friend's daughter. Hope you are doing well!
ReplyDeleteHi Margo, it's always good to have something smaller to work on when we need our ideas to percolate. Good luck with the marbles and the pillow cases. I'm sure you'll figure it out! Thanks for linking up to I Quilted This!
ReplyDeleteI enjoy working on small projects. These are fun pillow cases. I love the marble one. I really like the rag quilt. Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings.
ReplyDeleteI love the color combo in your first pillow project! The design is unique, too!
ReplyDelete