Friday, March 30, 2018

Works in progress and Lincoln's quilt

Phew, where has the time gone!!  I can't believe I haven't posted any progress for almost a month.  This is going to be a long post, let's get to it.

At our Valley MQG, we have a new challenge in honor of Quilt Con last month.  Our challenge is to take a 12 inch Sawtooth Star and make it modern. Use the components of a Traditional Sawtooth Star to make a modern version. We can change them around, change the color formation or delete parts altogether.

This is the traditional Sawtooth Star block

This is my spin on the traditional Sawtooth Star.


By itself, the block doesn't look like anything much.  But when I put a few of them together, they turned out really nice.


I like it so much that I want to make it into a whole quilt!!  My husband gave it a name 'Time to Sew' because of the hour glass and thread spool images there.  The free pattern and instructions will come in the near future.

There is still one more thing that we're doing at the Valley MQG, it's a Round Robin.  This is my center block for this challenge.




It took me awhile to come up with this block and I really like it.  I can't wait to see the final piece.  This will be the only image you'll see until the Round Robin is done 6 months from now.

Another project that I was working on was a quilt for Lincoln, the newest addition to the family.  The colors of choice are navy blue and gray, I pulled some fabric out as you might have seen in the last post.




This was on design wall.

This is what I finished with.  I couldn't leave the blocks as they were, I had to give them a Faux Rag Quilting touch on both the front and the back of the quilt.   :-)

The dimension of this quilt is 48 x 56"


Another piece of good news before I go, in April, I'll be teaching at one of our local quilt shops called Quilty Pleasures in Simi Valley, Ca.  I'll be teaching projects from my book 'Soft & Cozy Keepsakes - Faux Rag Quilting'I took a break after my surgery two years ago.  I'm very happy to be back teaching again.    Can't wait!!





See you next time
Go do something fun!!!!


1 comment:

  1. How cool, such well done designs. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and will respond with an email. If you don't get an email response, it's probably because you're a "no reply blogger" and I have no way to contact you! If you don't hear from me, check back at the original blog post for my reply.